We need to adjust our diet for the winter season, as it is the period when we are most prone to different bacteria.
Today, we will suggest the recipe of a tasty traditional “medicine in a cup”, which will boost your immunity and keep you protected during the cold months.
This soup combines the incredible properties of garlic and ginger and represents a delicious and highly beneficial winter meal. Warming spices like ginger and cinnamon are especially helpful during this time of the year, and garlic is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics.
Here is how to prepare ginger and garlic soup:
- 50g of finely sliced of grated root ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic – peeled and finely diced
- 4 Green onions – finely sliced
- 7 cups of chicken broth or stock
- 1 finely diced medium-hot chili
- mushrooms – chopped up or whole baby button (Optional)
In a large saucepan, sauté the onions, garlic, and mushrooms on a low heat for a few minutes. Then, add the stock, and simmer until the ingredients become soft. Next, add the chili and simmer for 5 more minutes.
Serve with a warm and crusty slice of bread and a glass of lemon water.