Lavender essential oil is one of the gentlest essential oil, but with a plethora of medicinal properties that can be used in various ways to support your health, as well as in your household.
This oil contains over 150 active components and potent antimicrobial, antibacterial, sedative, detoxifying, antidepressant, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antispasmodic, and hypotensive properties.
Florida researchers have found that it treats anxiety in students taking exams, and calms their heart rate.
Lavender aromatherapy lowers stress before surgery, and is even more effective than massage and rest in relieving labor pain, treating insomnia, and fighting depression.
Moreover, lavender oil soothes hangovers, headaches, treats sinus congestion, boosts mood, and relieves pain.
This is believed to be due to the psychological effects of the scent along with the physiological effects of volatile oils in the limbic system.
Here is how to prepare lavender lemonade at home and enjoy its miraculous effects:
- A drop of lavender oil
- Six peeled and squeezed lemons
- A cup of fresh honey
- Twelve cups of clean water
- Lavender springs (for decoration)
Mix all the ingredients and leave the lemonade to cool.
Here is how to use lavender oil to treat dry skin, headaches, and anxiety:
- To treat dry skin, add 5-6 drops of the oil to your warm bath and enjoy it.
- To relax, improve skin health and sleep, and keep insects at bay, just mix 2 drops of lavender with an ounce of some unprocessed organic oil like olive or almond oil.
- Diffuse 10-12 drops in the air to relax and lower stress.